Sunday, January 9, 2011
I started painting this back in 2009 and it gave me weeks worth of trouble trying to make it look halfway decent. Frustrated, and contemplating burning it in the desert, I stuffed it into the dark recesses of a closet for a year.
It would resurface every four or five months, and with much gnashing of teeth and words to make a sailor blush, I would attempt to throw a few more paint strokes at it--until I'd again get frustrated and hide it somewhere new. Today, I found it again (under the air conditioner) and figured I'd do the two or three or twelve things to at least make it "whole," though it is not exactly what "I was going for."
It's nice to consider it finished and have it off my mind for 2011! ;]